FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer - Midwifery
Location: Boki and Etung LGAs, Cross River
Supervisor: Project Coordinator
Job Type: Full time
Slot: 2 Openings
- The Assistant Technical Officer, Midwifery will assist female patients in all stages of pregnancy, childbirth and post-delivery.
- S/he will also provide antenatal and postnatal advice and support to women and their families through supported health facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide high quality patient care.
- Provides direct patient care and accompany in the management of pre-natal, antenatal, inpatient and follow-up care for women (including deliveries).
- Provides comprehensive sexual and reproductive health information and services including family planning counselling and services to prevent and treat malaria, tetanus, STI, HIV.
- Provides training and management in the prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) of HIV
- Provides reproductive health services and counselling to adolescents in the prevention of teen pregnancy, transmission of STI/HIV, and sexual violence related injuries.
- Adheres to the relevant Code of conduct and ethics
- Participates in outreach and community health programs (as required)
- Participates in Continuing Professional Development (i.e. trainings, mentoring)
- Plans care of the patient in collaboration with the site doctor.
- Provision of direct nursing care i.e. Administration of IV medications, wound dressings clinical observations etc.
- Maintains all reusable equipment by cleaning and sterilizing appropriately.
- Maintain adequate and correct records of patient care including consumables & instruments utilized (if any)
- Ensure high quality maternal health services at all project sites.
- Works with technical support and M&E teams to collect appropriate baseline data over the life of the project
- Compiles and submits periodic reports
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.