Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
Job Title: AutoCAD/Design Engineer
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- The AutoCAD/Design Engineer will be responsible for designing high quality 2D & 3D drawing, models and prototypes in support of engineering fabrication as well as associated functions.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Candidate will develop standard detailed designs for mechanical and electrical works using software applications; AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Draft and prepare layout drawings of the given structures, components and machines.
- Be responsible for resolving design problems when they arise.
- Review and analyse design specifications.
- Produce draft designs and diagrams according to the given specifications.
- Specify design dimensions, materials, and procedures where applicable.
- Consult technical handbooks, manuals and tables while in conceptual phase.
- Use Computer-Aided Design and Drafting systems to prepare drawings.
- Create, store and manage electronic drawings as well as their backups.
- Review drawings and design to accommodate changes and enhancement.
- Program drawings into automated manufacturing systems (CNC machine).
- Undertake and oversee engineering design project from start to completion.
- Conduct quality checks on completed jobs using reference measurement from site visits.
- Provide advice to management and CEO on estimated time and cost to complete project
- Work with, machinist, engineers and other stakeholders on engineering design projects.