The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: BMATT Nigeria Team Assistant - A1
Ref Id: 21/19 ABJ
Grade: A1 (L)
Type of Position: Permanent
Start Date: 3rd June, 2019
Job Category: Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)
Job Subcategory: MOD (Ministry of Defence)
Main Purpose of Job
- To provide general administrative support to the entire BMATT Nigeria Team, perform various administrative and clerical tasks to support the BMATT office; ranging from operating office equipment, visa applications, booking of hotels and flights, filing and dispatching, mail sorting, stationery replenishments any other administrative tasks to support the effective and efficient day-to-day running of the team, providing a quality and efficient service to staff and stakeholders in compliance with FCO policy and post regulations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing front office support, greet visitors courteously, provide them with needed information or direct them to appropriate personnel.
- Handling and Maintenance of Inward/Outward mail registers.
- Filing (hard copy and electronic) and dispatch of documents.
- Manage office stationeries and office supplies while ensuring they are updated and sufficient.
- Ensure mail is collected and circulated promptly to appropriate recipients.
- Ensure operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs.
- Anticipate fuel demand for the office generator and water requirements.
- Assist in monitoring MOD UK courses cycle for efficient and timely delivery and assistance to the Nigerian Armed Forces.
- Assist in completing admin requirements for MOD UK sponsored courses and supervise travel and visa bookings for Nigerian Military personnel attending such courses.
- Supervise cleaning staff and ensure tidiness of the general office area to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- Updating Records, organise and manage relevant databases.
- Assist with making travel arrangements for team members.
- Running errands for entire Team.
- Monitor the day-to-day administrative requirements to ensure smooth workflow and efficiency.
- Delivery of general office support (photocopy, scan, fax and telephone)