The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Manager
Job Ref.: 01/19 PH
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Grade: A2 (L)
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory: Corporate Services Support
Type of Position: Fixed Term, Full-time
Type of Post: British Liaison Office
Start Date: 1 February 2019
End Date: 30 January 2021
Working hours per week: 37
Duration of Post: 12 months
Roles and responsibilities
- Managing the smooth day to day operations of the Port Harcourt office
- Relationship Management of vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring prompt payment systems.
- Providing logistic support for visiting officers (booking of accommodation and transportation)
- Maintaining an accurate and up to date transport booking calendar
- Meeting, training and event planning.
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment for customers and employees. Post Security Officers duties (PSO)
- Receiving, preparing and dispatching of Diplomatic bags
- Maintains office staff job results by coaching, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Line management responsibility.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Maintaining daily financial records and monthly Network post Accounting Spreadsheet (NPAs).
- Maintaining health and safety policies and managing the policy enforcement.
- Facility Management
- Ensure that property is up to FCO standards by keeping an Up-to-date PCA file
- Adherence and enforcement of procurement policies and procedures. Evaluating suppliers, products, and services, and ensuring that approved purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality.
- Supervising and Monitoring the work of administrative staff
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing ad hoc tasks as needed
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
- Office Monthly Budget
- Drivers X 2
- Technical Works Group (TWG) X 1
- Cleaner / Receptionist / Store Keeper X 1