- Candidate must possess a good honour Degree in Accountancy, Finance or Economics from a recognised university with at least a 2d Class lower division.
- Membership or Fellowship of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN) or their equivalent (ACCA, ACA, CPA, ACMA) etc.
- A post-graduate degree in relevant field will be added advantage.
- Candidate must have at least eighteen (18) years satisfactory post qualification cognate experience, a minimum of four (4) of which must have been spent in the position of a Deputy Bursar preferably in the University system or any institution of comparable status.
- Applicant must be computer literate and must be conversant with accounting/auditing softwares.
- He/she must be below the age of 55 years by 1st October, 2018.
- Knowledge of French is added advantage.
Qualities of the Candidate
- Candidate for the post of Bursar of the Nigeria French Language Village shall be professionally qualified and competent.
- He/she must be transparent, visionary and of proven integrity in addition to possessing other leadership qualities that will enable him/her function effectively as Bursar of a Nigerian University.
- Basic Competence Requirement for the Position
- The ideal candidate must be a person with the following relevant skills and competence:
- Good team player.
- Ability to negotiate at the Federal Government level.
- Should be proactive and ensure that approved funds are released promptly to meet deadlines.
- Ability to give sound financial advice.
- Ability to coordinate diverse activities and projects and work under pressure.
- Good presentation and advocacy skills.
- Versatility in IT with a working knowledge of diverse accounting packages.
- Proven professional competence and administrative pedigree.
- The candidate must be diligent, forthright, and diplomatic.
- Ability to initiate proactive policies geared at propelling the Nigeria French Language Village forward.
Salary/Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Bursar in Federal Universities.
- As stipulated by the Universities (miscellaneous provisions) Amendment Act 2012, the Bursar shall hold office for a single term of 5 years only.
- Notwithstanding this provision, Council may upon satisfactory performance, extend the tenure of the Bursar for a further period of one year only and he/she shall thereafter relinquish the post and be assigned to other duties in the institution, if he/she has not attained the retirement age.
Application Closing Date
5th July, 2018.
Method of Appilcation
Applicants are required to submit ten (10) copies each of their application, credentials and detailed Curriculum Vitae, using the following format:
- Name in full
- Place and date of birth
- Home Address
- Present postal address and telephone number
- Nationality at birth
- Present Nationality
- State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- Academic and professional qualifications (including distinctions with dates) photocopies of certificates are to be enclosed.
- Working experience (up to present status, grade and salary, photocopy of last pay slip should be attached).
- Proposed date of availability of duty if appointed.
- Extra curricula activities.
- Candidates are to request (3) referees to forward their reference letters under confidential cover to the Registrar to reach him before the closing date for receipt of applications.
- Candidates shall equally submit in not more than (2) pages, a statement on their vision/mission for the Bursar of the NFLV.
Applications with supporting documents must be sent by registered post or handed directly to:
The Nigeria French Language Village,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.