Qualifications and Experience
The Applicant must possess the following:
- A good honours Degree in Accounting or Economics from a recognized University as well as professionally recognized Accountancy qualifications, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CNA, ACMA, CPA. Possession of a higher Degree will be an advantage
- In addition, the applicant should have at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience and must have been a Deputy Bursar with experience, preferably in a University or similar institution.
- The applicant for the post of Bursar, who should not be above sixty (60) years of age by November 2, 2019, must exhibit a considerable degree of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable integrity and transparency on matters of financial and human resources management
- He/she must be Information Communication Technology (ICT) compliant and must be conversant with current trends in International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) and International Public Sector Accounting Standard (IPSAS)
- In addition, interested applicants are required to write in not more than five hundred (500) words, proposal for fund generation and management in a University.
- The tenure of the Bursar, as a Principal Officer of the University, is for a single term of five (5) years in line with the Universities Miscellaneous Provisions Act 2012.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The successful applicant will be placed on the consolidated salary for Bursars and will enjoy all the allowances attached to the position of Principal Officers in Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty five (25) copies of the Application and CV, indicating the following:
- Full names
- Post sought
- Date and place of birth
- Permanent home and current contact addresses
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children
- Academic/professional qualifications (attach photocopies of all certificates)
- Previous working experience (indicating duration, posts held and salary)
- Present employment (indicating rank and salary)
- Details of publications (if any)
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees, one of who must be in a position to supply academic, and/or professional reference.
Applicants are advised to write boldly at the left hand corner of the envelopes containing their applications, the position to which they are responding to. All applications should be addressed and sent to:
University of Uyo
P. M. B. 1017, Uyo,
Akwa Ibom State,
- Referees should also forward their reference reports on the candidate under confidential cover, directly to the Registrar on the same address as above
- That late application will not be entertained
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.