Qualifications and Experience
Candidate for this post shall:
- Possess a good Honours Degree in Accounting from a recognized University possession or a higher degree(s) is an added advantage;
- Must be a qualified member of a professional body such as ICAN, ACCA, ANAN, CIMA, CPA;
- Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, ten (10) years of which must be unbroken service in the University system;
- Must have attained the rank of a Deputy Bursar, or its equivalent in a University.
- Must not be above 60 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages.
- Must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Evidence of Exemption.
- Applicants for the post of University Bursar must have in the past exhibited a considerable degree of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable Integrity and transparency on matters of financial administration and management.
- In addition, candidates should demonstrate the ability to relate effectively with financial stakeholders.
- The candidate should be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff and students of the University.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Fifteen (15) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their Credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full name (Surname First in Capital Letters)
- Place and date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail Address and Phone Number(s)
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates
- List of Publications
- Honours / Distinctions
- Positions held with dates
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Dates
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Learned Societies
- Names and Addresses of 3 referees
Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover; directly to the “Vice-Chancellor” via the address below.
All applications should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked, “Position of University Bursar” to:
Federal University Lokoja,
Lokoja, Kogi State.