Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc is the premier, largest and most profitable, non-aligned Primary Mortgage Bank in Nigeria. Abbey is one of the seven national Primary Mortgage Banks (PMB) licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria and Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN). The recent recapitalization exercise saw the down size from 105 mortgage banks to only 34 now surviving. We not only emerged successfully capitalized but one of the few that also met our National obligation as well as amongst the public liability companies.
Purpose of Role
- The Business Development Manager is responsible for securing new revenue within the institution’s existing portfolio of customers and also seek out new opportunities for business growth.
- The role is expected to have a focus on strategizing, prospecting, of new customers.
- The role ensures an excellent client experience at all times and works in collaboration with the Operations team to ensure smooth transition of realizations of new business opportunities.
- Define and coordinate bank wide marketing programmes
- Drive and implement all marketing activities to ensure brand and product awareness in the market place
- Maintain relationships with customers and identify new prospects.
- Possess a strong understanding of our products and our competitors in the industry.
- Follow the latest industry developments and best practices .
- Maintaining relationships with existing customers and other stakeholders by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new business opportunities.
- Recommending profit and service improvements; Identifying product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Present to and consult with Middle and Senior Level Management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in customer base.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the organization’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to senior management.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Management.