Synapse Services is a "Center for Psychological Medicine", that specializes in the provision of psychological and counselling services, Inpatient and Outpatient Mental Health and rehabilitation services.
We retain the services of a robust mixture of local and internationally trained staff that provide excellent, client focused services to treat all forms of disorders related to your mental health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Officer
The post holder is expected to:
- Prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients and ultimately convert them into clients;
- Dedicate a significant portion of work schedule going to various hospitals, ministries and institutions, dropping leaflets/proposals, and meeting with relevant personnel;
- Assist in developing and maintaining psychiatrist, psychologist and other allied mental healthcare professional relations, both inside and outside the hospital and among sector actors;
- Communicate, liaise regularly and build constructive referral relationships with all key stakeholders internally and externally: Consultants, Medical Practitioners, the corporate business development team, other healthcare professionals, and private health insurers as required;
- Identify innovative tactics, corresponding business plans and sustainable operations to drive revenue and volume growth while meeting the market's needs;
- Develop and implement community workshops and seminars, with a bid to grow business;
- Conduct marketing research and analyse activities to ensure that the hospital is competitive in the marketplace, on a local and national rating.
- Increase Synapse Bed Occupancy;
- Develop short and long-range
- management and organization plans to define responsibilities and business activities consistent with hospital goals and objectives;
- Ensure monthly objectives listed in the marketing plan are accomplished; progress levels against objectives are measured and adjustments made;
- Take a lead role in proposal writing, regularly prepare, review and submit commercial bids and proposals;
- Market Synapse’s Services - Trainings (Stress Management, Counselling), Workshops, Rehabilitation, and Sale of Psychological service related products (Urine Drug Testing, Stress Management Trainings, Workshops etcetera) to Universities, tertiary institutions, hospitals, ministries, government and private institutions;
- Prepare and make bi monthly presentations to prospective clients and network to increase Synapse’ visibility.
- Assist in managing existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive;
- Provide support that will continually improve the existing relationship;
- Make recommendations to Management on services that meet, predict and mirrors current clients’ future needs;
- Ensure the continuous refinement of the service rendered by the Facility;
- Work extensively with the hospital’s leadership team, medical staff and across various clinical departments to ensure growth opportunities are identified, patient engagement is maximized, and obstacles to success are addressed and resolved.