Owens and Xley is a business consulting and advisory company. We offer strategic services in the areas of business advisory, business development and planning to small businesses that would otherwise not have access to the technical competencies available to bigger companies. We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs, and the initial capital challenges faced by small a business, which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that the small business owners still have access to the technical skill but at a fraction of the cost. We aim to help entrepreneurs and small business owners get better business results with less cost.
Job Title: Business Development Officer
- The business development officer is responsible for increasing sales and profits for the brand. Although this role shares some similarities with sales, it is typically more focused on finding new business opportunities and strategic business growth.
- As a business development officer, you are responsible for analyzing customer feedback and data to determine how customers are patronizing us and and then develop a strategic plan to increase new and return purchases, or discontinue under performing offerings.
- Create and maintain a proactive relationship with our clients.
- Work proactively to determine and propose our marketing needs.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Monitor, measure and manage our brand equity/strength.
- Derive brand understanding and support throughout the organization.
- Champion /drive initiatives that support delivery of the brand promise.
- Maintain brand identity consistency.
- Vendor engagement and management.
- Work with the CEO in creating an overall marketing strategy for the business, creating presentations as well as writing proposals and customer engagement strategies.
- Responsible for staying informed on activities that are being performed on our accounts and ensure ALL important documentation/deliverables align with overall strategy.
- Prepare weekly reports and month-end overviews of our current activities, and monthly revenue forecasts, plus plans for future business development.