Cedarcrest Hospitals / Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd is a modern specialist medical care centre located in the heart of Abuja, Nigeria’s blossoming capital. It was established in January 2008 with the aim of providing a high standard of local healthcare that is comparable with what obtains in other more developed parts of the world. The centre started off as a highly specialized orthopaedic facility, registered as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Before long, it became obvious that other specialties had to be incorporated partly due to the success of the centre and partly due to the lack of local specialist services in those specialties that relate directly with orthopaedic and trauma surgery. Its core specialty areas have now been expanded to include neuro/spine surgery, plastic/reconstructive surgery and dermatology. Thus was Cedarcrest Hospitals born in early 2009. The hospital also renders non-core specialist services covering internal medicine, obstetrics and gynaecology, radiology, rheumatology, ear nose and throat surgery, dietetics, physiotherapy and general practice. These key specialists are supported by highly trained and courteous doctors, nurses, imaging scientists, laboratory scientists, administrative and ancillary staff who strive to make patients’ experience at Cedarcrest is as pleasant as possible. We work in liaison with centres in the United Kingdom and the United States and frequently have visiting surgeons from these foreign hospitals, as well as sending patients to these centres where specific facilities for their care are not optimal here. We are also supported by a wide range of related specialties and specialist services. With adequate facilities and highly skilled manpower, Cedarcrest Hospitals has over several years, provided specialized treatment to a large number of patients from the federal capital and the rest of Nigeria. This has made it possible for patients to get timely highly specialized surgical treatment without the need to travel abroad.
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Location: Not specified
Job Field: Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
- The Business Support Officer reports primarily to the Business Service Manager and secondarily to the Medical Director.
- The Business Support Officer is primarily responsible for expanding and growing the business of Cedarcrest Hospitals, Lagos.
- The incumbent will be concerned with improving and growing our clientele by directing and implementing consensus business development strategies that will lead to revenue growth for CHL Lagos.
- The Business Support Officer will be responsible for establishing results-producing relationships with HMOs, Corporate Organizations and individuals.
- S/He will educate prospective clients on CHL Lagos services and products, specific hospital clinical programs and lead the business development.
- The ideal candidate is a versatile individual with strong team working, communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to work flexibly and to think outside the box is highly desirable.
- Provides direction to all aspects of the Business Development for Cedarcrest Hospitals, Lagos products, and services.
- Liaise with the Medical Director and Business Services Manager to develop and execute quarterly marketing plans and actions that ensure established targets are achieved.
- In conjunction with the Business Services Manager, ensures effective communication and coordination between the Client Service Officer and the Front Desk personnel.
- Maintains a database of prospective clients (HMOs, Corporate Organizations and individuals).
- Develop business proposals for new and existing clients.
- Develop and update a database of prospective clients.
- Responds to the clients' queries regarding our services and products in a timely fashion.
- Participate in industry forums, client discussions, and conferences as a representative of Cedarcrest Hospitals.
- Maintain a knowledge repository of clients, referrals, RFPs, prospects, and presentations.
- Analyze the current and past budgets, expenses, sales, revenues and product deficiencies in order to provide recommendations for business growth and problem resolution.
- Develop in-depth knowledge about business development practices, marketing activities, prospective clients and industry trends.
- Research and identify new business opportunities and partnerships.
- Explain to prospective clients about the advantages of company products or services offered and follow up with them until the deal is closed.
- Develop creative strategies to retain the clients including interviewing them to take their feedback and incorporate it into Cedarcrest Hospital Lagos growth plan.
- Ensure the design and implementation of innovative marketing ideas and plans.
- Improve revenue generation and business development activities.
- Ensure delivery of assigned projects e.g. presentations, health weeks, conferences, exhibitions, medical missions, etc.
- Develop a mutual and beneficial relationship with traditional media outfits.
- Monitor and organise revenue/sales activities against organisational goals.
- Liaise with other staff to ensure prompt resolution of customer complaints.
- Manage relationships with strategic business partners and corporate organizations.
- Identify and pursue high brow clients who can help advertise Cedarcrest Hospital’s brand.
- Develop and share best practices with the team, collaborate with Client Service Officer and Front Desk Officers, build and contribute to a positive work environment and culture.
- Prepare the annual marketing budget and track the expenses against the budget.
- Develops both short and long term plans to accomplish Cedarcrest Hospitals, Lagos goals, and objectives.
- Collaborates with Medical Director and Business Services Manager to develop strategic initiatives that drive new business. Works closely with the Medical Director and Business Services Manager to help resolve barriers for admissions and/or business opportunities.
- Develop sales plans and strategies for new business prospects.
- Implement strategies to grow our business.
- Prompt feedback and report on business activities to the Medical Director.
- Develop new marketing plans & programs to improve income generation.
- Acquaintance with the hospital’s vision and policies.
- Provide support services to the rest of the admin staff to improve work efficiency.
- Actively work towards transitioning to the role of the BSM.
- Develop and maintain outstanding industry knowledge, understand healthcare trends, enhance skills and abilities
- Working to increase revenue and KPI’s as set by the Business Service Manager.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
Social Media Management:
- Assist in the company's branding and media communication activities such as press releases, advertisements, marketing collaterals, and website.
- Create awareness for our services, especially through social media.
- Perform other duties as assigned.