Solar Philippines is Southeast Asia's largest solar company and only integrated Developer, Investor, Manufacturer, and EPC, with 600 employees; an 800 MW solar panel factory; 300 MW in projects operating or under construction; and a multi-GW pipeline, including the world's largest off-grid solar projects and the lowest cost Solar Power Purchase Agreements in East Asia. Our mission is to make low-cost, reliable electricity universally accessible, as fast as possible. We believe that solar and battery storage will supply the majority of the world's energy over the coming decades, ending poverty and climate change, and enabling emerging economies to leapfrog decades of development. We aim to build the distributed generation utility of the 21st century, for millions in the developing world, and accelerate the Philippines on its path to becoming a first-world nation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Team - West Africa
- We are looking for passionate and talented individuals to grow its Business Development Team in West Africa to be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- This team shall drive the development of the company’s strategy and positioning within the distributed generation business, and to help implement this strategy by coordinating the creation of new commercial partnerships as well as innovative product, service offers and channel structures.
- The Business Development Team will be responsible for analyzing and prioritizing market opportunities across businesses and applications, proposing appropriate go-to-market strategies and business models, and orchestrating the execution of the resultant strategy in an interdisciplinary fashion across a number of line and support organizations.
- This position requires a combination of individual and team skills, with a proven ability to balance competing factors and drive complex projects in a fast-moving, dynamic market environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Market insight - provides insight to HQ, and acts upon deep market insight including stakeholders, trends, tariffs, market leaders, regulations, etc.
- Market strategy - evaluates the commercial, technical, and legal feasibility of utility-scale, rooftop, and microgrid solar projects, then pursues viable opportunities
- Partnerships - identifies potential development partners, structures deals, and closes them
- Bids and Proposals - scouts for calls for bids / proposals / tenders, analyzes their commercial / legal / technical feasibility by coordinating with respective teams from HQ, then leads in participation in these programs
- Set-up - responsible for company set-up, including engaging with legal/tax advisers, corporate structuring, and incorpotation.