The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Supply Chain - Cash Based Transfer) G4
Requisition #: 100642
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- This position is found in Maiduguri Area Office, Nigeria Country Office. The position holder will perform administrative support functions relating to supply chain CBT function and will directly report to the Logistics Officer (CBT).
- At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. The position holder is expected to produce organized and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities relating to Supply Chain CBT function. She/he will offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in supply chain CBT.
- To deliver standard business support processes for Supply Chain CBT function so as to facilitate effective delivery of Supply Chain CBT services.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Organize and conduct food retail supply chain and markets assessments to identify and contract wholesalers/retailers;
- Administer wholesalers/retailers contracts (maintain a contracts tracking database) and monitor/track retailers performances in coordination with partners, and based on well-established key performance indicators,
- Perform and coordinate food quality control activities, and manage the mobile point of sales (mPOS) equipment;
- Perform reconciliations of wholesalers/retailers transactions data, verify and process retailers invoices, and process payment requests;
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff;
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients;
- Support processing and managing routine supply chain – CBT administrative and financial tasks, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources;
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation;
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function;
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work;
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems;
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards;
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
4Ps Core Organisational Capabilities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.