In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
The positions are local positions and are open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Note: The positions are contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
All positions are for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
Position: Cash Transfer Management Officer
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Location: Maiduguri or Yola
Supervisor: Report to the Finance Manager
The Cash Transfer Management Officer will work closely with the Finance Manager to support implementation of the cash transfers of the program in all the beneficiary states/communities, ensuring that the cash transfer component is delivered in a timely manner and to a high quality.
- Assist in sensitisation of local government structures, communities and traditional authorities on the on targeting criteria and identification and registration of the beneficiaries.
- Help oversee the delivery of regular cash transfers and helping ensure the resolution of any problems.
- Assist in training of any project or partner staff on cash transfer programming.
- Actively participate in relevant field assessments to identify the beneficiaries’ needs and viable business opportunities, ensuring assessment findings are documented and that all assessments include a specific analysis of children’s needs
- Organize trainings of cash beneficiaries on the identified needs
- Assist in the registration of target beneficiaries/families, ensuring that the data is collected and recorded appropriately
- Coordinate activities with local authorities, international community members, other implementing actors and partners at the local level.
- Compile and submit regular project reports and updates
- Facilitate the provision of livelihoods kits for agricultural or income generating activities in order to enable the ability to start-up businesses that will strengthen the households economically and enable them retain their children in school beyond the lifespan of the project.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor