Our vision Since 1993, as the second French NGO, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. Our values Independent, private and nonprofit, French NGO ACTED (operating under the French law Association loi 1901) respects a strict political and religious impartiality, and operates following principles of non-discrimination, transparency, according to its core values: responsibility, impact, enterprising-spirit and inspiration.
Job Title: Cashier
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
About the Job
- In order to ensure a proper cash flow system within mission the Cashier is in charge of the base’s safe and of all cash-flow operations related to money (cash payments, bank/cheque payments, exchanges transfers, advances, etc.) while making sure to abide to all of ACTED’s processes and procedures. Under the direct supervision of the Country Finance Manager/Country Finance Officer
- Respect and follow-up the ACTED’s financial procedures.
- Dealing with transfers and exchanges of money.
- Petty cash management
- Cash flow follow-up (PRATIC)
- Ensure of having daily exchange rates of currency on a daily base
- Ensure proper filling of voucher(s) & registration of voucher in cashbook
- Responsible for making payments for all items and services which have been approved by all authorized signatories and checking that no supportive documentation or signature are missing before releasing any payment.
- Responsible for salary payments which is based on the approved HR Titanic
- Responsible for safe & cashbook checking at the end of each day by checking the safe and ensuring its balances and correspond
- Responsible for Money exchange Dealing whenever needed, change money for the cashbooks and register it in cashbook
- Responsible for Money transfer dealing by registration and exchange of voucher reference between Country Office and area
- Responsible for safe management by ensuring the safe has enough cash for each weekly payment
- Ensure proper use of accountancy procedures by filing of documents, allocation of expenses, voucher registration and balance checking as per ACTED’s processes and procedures
- Assist in supporting the Program Teams in Deal with advances to programs and payments to daily workers to ensure payment are done with dully supporting documentation.
- Responsible for preparation of weekly/ monthly cash counts for CFO/DFM and AC/CD approval (cash checking statement)
- Responsible for accounting codes accuracy in cash/bank books and payment vouchers according to ACTED Standard entry grid
- Responsible for ensuring balance in the cashbook and in the safe which should be checked, and the cash checking statement should be established and signed by the Cashier and CFM at the end of each month.
- Ensure quality of vouchers which should be checked by the Cashier, Admin Assistant at the end of each month
- Responsible to ensure accountancy in cashbook which must be sent to the SAGA master in the right format to facilitate the upload into SAGA
- Ensure proper checking’s of cashbook and SAGA before closing the accounting every month
- Ensure the clearance of all advances for the staff by using the Advance Tracker Tool before paying the salaries
- Release international staff per diem/food allowances after the monthly attendance sheet signed by staff and approved by the CFM and CD.
- Responsible for follow up, filing and labelling of voucher on monthly basis.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly cash counts for CFO/DFM and AC/CD approval (cash checking statement)