The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cashier - WC Cluster
Vacancy No: IFRC02164
Category of Staff: National Staff
Grade: To be determined
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC or “the Federation”) is the World’s largest volunteer-based humanitarian network. The Federation is a membership organization established by and comprised of its member National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. Along with National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the Federation is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The overall aim of the IFRC is” to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” It works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during and after disasters, health emergencies and other crises.
The Federation is served by a Secretariat based in Geneva, with regional and country offices throughout the world. The Secretariat is led by the IFRC Secretary General and provides the central capacity of the International Federation to serve, connect, and represent National Societies. The Secretariat’s focus includes providing support to the IFRC governance mechanisms; setting norms and standards; providing guidance; ensuring consistency; coordination and accountability for performance; knowledge sharing; promoting collaboration within and respect for the RCRC Movement; and expanding engagement with partners.
The Secretariat’s headquarters is organized in three main business groups: (i) Partnerships, including Movement and Membership; (ii) Programs and Operations; and (iii) Management. The Secretariat has five regional office, as follows: Americas (Panama City); Africa (Nairobi); Asia/Pacific (Kuala Lumpur); Europe (Budapest); Middle East and North Africa (Beirut). The Abuja based office is the hub to support West Coast Cluster and has a status agreement with Nigerian government. The position is located in the Finance and Administration Unit.
- Reporting to the Senior Finance and Administration Officer, the Cashier will provide support to the Senior Finance and Administration Officer unit on treasury services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Internal Control and Risk Management:
- Responsible of the Petty cash Custody and payments in line with the office Petty cash Policies and payment memo
- Prepare Journal of provisions Working Advance and input into CODA
- Run monthly exception reports to support the account closing routine.
- Preparation of all bank payments (Working Advances)
- Prepare payments (PBN) journal and input into CODA
- Prepare payment (POF) and receipts(ROX) journal and input into CODA
- Ensure the management of an efficient filing system within the Finance Unit.
- Assist in the communication and enforcement of all financial and administration policies and procedures, especially on Treasury related matters
- Support the monitoring of staff private expenses to ensure refund
- Support in the Field Returns consolidation (WANS) and input into CODA