EDLP Nigeria Limited is Nigeria’s first discount supermarket and retail chain that is being created by Nigerians, specifically for the Nigerian retail market.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Category Manager, Fresh
Summary of the Role
- The main activities of the Category Manager Fresh (CMF) is sourcing, contracting and buying high volume-rotation goods for the Fresh and Frozen groups following the procurement plan, and building and managing a sales-driven and profitable SKU range per category, according to the assortment policy and with taking into account the category management principles
- The CMF is involved with building an effective and efficient supply chain model together with the Logistic department
- The CMF builds and maintains strong relationships with the suppliers, knows the Nigerian FMCG market very well and knows what is going on at the commodity market
- The CMF understands the mission, vision and values extremely well and has a deep understanding as to what drives our JARA customers to do their shopping at our store concept across Nigeria on regional and national level.
- Next to this, the CMF develops a traffic-driven promo program for Fresh & Frozen in collaboration with the CMD, the Marketing manager and the involved suppliers.
- Through excellent negotiation skills the CMF is able to agree on low purchase prices and on extra discounts with the suppliers in order to create high traffic and better margins for each category, despite JARA’s low pricing strategy
- The CMF oversees the developments within the categories for maintaining the most efficient Fresh & Frozen assortment, manages the sales prices for each SKU and the margin mix for each category according JARA’s price strategy, calculates the budgets and the expected profits in close collaboration with the Commercial director.
- Next to the daily assortment and pricing business, the CMF is involved with reviewing the merchandise rules, the planograms and schemograms in close collaboration with the Space manager.