The Central Bank of Nigeria Collaborative Post Graduate Programme (CBN-CPP) is a flagship intervention programme of the Central Bank of Nigeria in the education sub- sector. The objective is to upscale the quality of teaching/learning that is at par with global standards and engender the supply of a critical mass of well-trained graduates for the financial services industry and the entire economy. The focus is on finance related courses, especially Economics, Banking and Finance, Accounting and Business Administration. The CBN-CPP will be hosted at the Centres of Excellence (CoE) which have been built at the designated universities. Academic programmes are expected to commence in October 2019.
To this end, the Board of Trustees, CBN-CPP in partnership with the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, University of Ibadan, Ibadan and Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, invites applications from experienced senior academics within and outside the host universities, to teach in the programme as:
Role: Director, Centre of Excellence
- The Director of the CoE will play a critical role in designing, implementing, and leading faculty development programmes in support of the CoE.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The Director of the CoE would provide leadership and vision for the continuous improvement of teaching and learning at the CoE. The individual is directly responsible for developing strategies, services, and support for faculty and staff for effective teaching and students’ success.
- The Director is expected to facilitate collaborative initiatives with academic and support units in the host universities and sister CoEs that foster best practices in teaching and learning.
In particular, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Design, conduct, and evaluate faculty development programs including, workshops and seminars that will create cross-campus partnerships and foster faculty communities around topics of common interest;
- Facilitate new initiatives and encourage collaborations among the various curricular and co-curricular programs that support effective teaching and learning through a variety of instructional modalities/ modules;
- Promote a culture that values and recognizes the importance of teaching excellence, collaboration and student-centered learning;
- Collaborate with the relevant units within the host universities and sister CoEs to provide curricular and classroom development in alignment with CBN-CPP mission and strategic plan.
- Support faculty with implementing and assessing instructional methods and technologies that complement teaching needs and individual learning styles;
- Facilitate and support collaborations in the scholarship of teaching and learning; stay abreast of literature on teaching and learning, as well as networking with national and international groups, organisations and individuals;
- Provide leadership and planning for all instructional and curricular development activities designed to support effective teaching and learning; and
- Promote multicultural teaching and the infusion of diversity into the curriculum/classroom.