Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: Chief Commercial Officer - Jumia
Department: Company Leadership
Job Type: Full Time
- The role is the most critical and the role holder is the owner of Jumia commercial performance in Nigeria, responsible for the P&L of the company and handles all teams related to key account management, marketplace, commercial planning and cross border ecommerce.
- The role holder is the main point of contact for investors, Group CEOs, Group CCO and Country CEO when it comes to assessing Jumia’s performance trajectory versus Business Plan.
- Delivering a world-class customer and vendor experience thanks to the right assortment, perfect online ergonomics, the best prices and the most innovative marketing campaigns.
- Overachieving the targets of:
- Net Merchandize Value (NMV)
- Gross margin (PC1)
- Items sold
- Base of active sellers
- Vendor Net Promoter Score
- Pricing positioning index (being rolled out)
- Jumia Express share
- Building, managing, growing a team of talents over 4 departments:
- Key Account Management, managing the biggest sellers on Jumia
- Marketplace, managing the tail of sellers from acquisition to performance and operation management.
- Commercial Planning, planning the commercial activity around weekly campaigns and Tier 1 events such Black Friday, analysing the performance to highlight growth opportunities, managing the inventory, managing pricing
- Cross border ecommerce (Jumia Global), liaising with our teams in China and in Europe to ensure the growth of international sellers on our local platforms
- Developing tight professional and personal relationships with senior executives at brand and seller side (Intel, Lenovo, Sony, Xiaomi, etc.)
- Being recognized as an expert on your market internally and externally, understanding and anticipating market trends, understanding seller and customer needs
- Conveying a clear vision to the team, the management and the functional leaders on what you want to achieve
- Organizing key commercial events such as Black Friday, Jumia Anniversary, Mobile Week
- Ensuring we find a balance between the customer and the seller experience, enabling a tremendous growth of our base of sellers and our assortment while protecting the customer experience
- Setting up a proper pricing strategy to offer the widest range of genuine products at the lowest price
- Building a very friendly user interface for our vendors and our customers by being strongly involved in our tech developments.