- Manages all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection.
- Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation.
- Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Leads the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Core Work Activities
Managing Property Operations and Engineering Budgets:
- Supervises Engineering in the absence of the Director of Engineering.
- Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
- Maintains and operates equipment at optimum effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
- Establishes and manages an effective rooms maintenance program.
- Ensures compliance with all Engineering departmental policies, standards and procedures.
- Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Select and order or purchase new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
- Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
- Recommend or arrange for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
- Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering.
Maintaining Property Standards:
- Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
- Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service:
- Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Helps establish priorities for total property maintenance needs.
- Ensures on-going communication occurs in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives, awareness of expectations and recognition of exemplary performance.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities:
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
- Supervises employee's ability to execute departmental and property emergency procedures.
- Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 2 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: