United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa's leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has grown to become a Pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Regional Chief Information Officer (RCIO)
Reference #: LAG002
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos State
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Information Technology
Industries: IT - Information Technology
The group has vacancies for Regional CIOs in the following locations:
- East Africa
The Chief information offer (Africa)is responsible for:
- Aligning the regional IT objectives and programs to the company’s objectives and strategies while coordinating Information Technology and Information Systems across the region.
- All technology solution delivery (Internal/vendor/off-the-shelf solutions) and enhancements across the region.
- Managing internal and external application development & deployment in line with best practices.
- Possess a good knowledge of design patterns, solution/service oriented architecture, API management and micro-services architecture.
- Frameworks, languages and environments:
- Possesses a good knowledge of diverse development domains - languages, frameworks (ORM, Entity, Hibernate), utilities, development environments.
- Possess a good knowledge of Continuous integration and Continuous deployment
- Good knowledge of solution risk assessment, security considerations, authentication and authorization best practices.
- Good knowledge of agile development best practises
- Good knowledge of project management, work breakdown structure, execution, reporting and project governance.
- Develops, recommends and implements long-term and short-term technology plans, budgets and programs that support and align with the strategic objectives of the region and the goals of the business lines, while maximizing the mix of in-house versus outsourced solutions and vendors
- Drive interview and selection process and recommend suitably qualified candidates for consideration and final appointment by the authorised official
- Drive good work culture, team responsiveness and healthy work balance
- Facilitate team education & knowledge transfer by training and knowledge sharing session
- Build team structure to aid a systematic relief process and business continuity.
- Imbibe emotional intelligence skills and adequately apply where necessary
Manage Development Process:
- Develop and implement IT standards and procedures to aid in the development of high quality software
- Ensure that all members within the region understand and follow existing IT standards.
- Must be on top of technology stack and learn the latest developments and techniques, as well as broader industry-wide trends
- Drive and sponsor innovation in the team work
- Build team spirit and desire to experiment and try new things and unconventional solutions.
- Build creative solutions adopting cutting edge technologies. Must be forward thinking and daring
Support Troubleshooting efforts in production systems:
- Manage and drive third-level support with in country teams
- Provide support to third parties on solution on boarding and management