FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party
- The objective of the SCALE Activity is to support civil society organizations (CSO) and business management organizations (BMO) across all of USAID/Nigeria’s programmatic sectors with a basket of managerial, business strengthening, and advocacy capacity-building interventions aimed at advancing Nigerian CSO sustainability combined with targeted grants to advance mutually agreed upon priorities
- The activity is designed to enhance local civil society organizations’ ability to be positive and responsible change agents in Nigeria
- The Chief of Party’s (COP) primary responsibilities are to provide overall leadership, management and general technical direction of the entire activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the award.
Major Duties / Responsibilities
The COP shall:
- Be the principal point of contact in Nigeria for procedural and substantive matters, including technical matters.
- Coordinate and ultimately be responsible for all Agreement management and implementation.
- Be responsible for responding to the designated AOR and Agreement Officer
- Be responsible for ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award.
- Be expected to identify issues and risks related to activity implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments.
- Manages and oversees the development of projects from initiation to completion.
- Manages capacity building project staff in coordinating and managing the implementation of project activities, delivering quality and accountability.
- Provide guidance and monitoring for project staff, ensuring clarity over project plans and priorities and encouraging effective teamwork.
- Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Defines project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals and strategic vision of management.
- Develops and delivers project plans, documentation, training, presentations and budget proposals to management and staff.
- Identifies and resolves project issues and implements improvement plans to ensure project stays on schedule and within budget.
- Builds, develops, and grows partnerships vital to the success of the project.