Emperor Integrated Farms and Projects Limited is an Agricultural company established to carry out the business of farming and general merchandizing of Agricultural products of all kinds. The mixed farm which sits on 30,000 hectares of Agricultural land in Osara, is located on the outskirt of Okene, Kogi State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer (Agricultural Industry)
Location: Okene, Kogi
Job Type: Full Time
- The Farm COO role is to develop, lead and direct the implementation of company business strategy, objectives and plans focusing on operations, projects, finance, administration, human capital, business development, quality management, and other major functional areas and align them with the overall business strategies and goals of Emperor Farms.
- The COO will monitor, manage and report on the performance of the company including the performance of all company department heads
- The COO is responsible for oversight and management of risk, driving synergy and collaboration across all operations and functions, and for fulfilling the requirements of the company.
- Undertakes the supervision of all farm production planning, operations from land clearing, through soil preparation, crop management and harvesting
- Shall be responsible for recruiting, training/instructing and supervising farm workers
- Shall be responsible for the preparation and execution of farm budgets and investments in line with set goals and targets.
- Shall be responsible for the efficient deployment and routine maintenance of farm machineries, selection and application of appropriate agro inputs in a cost-effective manner.
- Maintains high level relationship with key farm and factory technical personnel to produce the required feedstock as at when due.
- Supervises the activities of field supervisors as well as casual workers to ensure high level performance.
- Ensures that production costs and controls are in line with expectations and must strive to be cost efficient at all times.
- Ensure that identified risks in the farm operations are mitigated according to the plan.
- Ensures that issues of security, community relations, flooding and fire are adequately planned for and mitigations put in place before they occur
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Provides reports of functions on weekly and periodic basis as may be needed by the Top Management.
- Any other job that may be assigned.