APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 7 years
Job Field: Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
- The Chief Operating Officer provides leadership and strategic direction for Operations, Technical, Security and IT functions.
- Ensure safe, efficient and productive service provision for both marine and landside customers. Provides input to effective strategies for operating the terminal at optimal levels. Also a key member of the terminal management team and has a direct influence on the growth and development of the terminal
- The role requires a strong commercial and operational focus individual to drive results and growth by building on the established customer service structure and operational performance.
- The incumbent is expected to provide measurable input to the terminals business strategy within the limits of the role.
- The position will be responsible for setting and delivering the main operational initiatives which are within the strategy of the terminal.
- Establishes and implements current and long-range goals, objectives, plans and policies of port operations and expansions.
- The incumbent is expected to improve the quality of existing operational processes and methods on an ongoing basis.
- Provides the leadership and direction for the Port/Terminal operations and takes responsibility for effective management and safety of all operations staff.
- Leading role in selection, negotiation and finalization of agreements with suppliers & customers including execution and maintenance of SLA’s.
- Ensures operational processes comply with HSSE policies & procedures.
- Liaises with customs agents, trucking companies, customs, port authorities, etc. to ensure that their requirements are met.
- Responsible for setting and achieving the budget for the reporting functions.
- Ensures that the terminal adheres to APM Terminals Global standards on process and people development.
- Motivates, coaches and instructs all operational team members. Structures tasks and goals, establishes efficient courses of action, sets priorities, organises information, efficiently plans and executes daily tasks.
- Supports programs and initiatives that emphasise incremental improvement in work process and outputs over an open-ended period of time.
- Liaise with labor unions (where applicable) and on behalf of APMT take part in long-term contract negotiations with labor unions. Ensure industrial harmony with the workforce.
- Measure and report on operational performance and develop plans to improve relevant key performance indicators