Gokada is a technology company focused on changing the face of transportation in Nigeria starting with an on-demand motorcycle taxi service in order to solve some of the country’s most challenging problems in logistics and transportation. We aim to help millions of passengers across the country rethink how they move by providing a safe and affordable engine for smart mobility.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
- The Chief Operating Officer (COO) focuses on all things related to the driver and passenger experience.
- The COO is responsible for driving best-in-class ride-hailing experience, operations, finance, legal and compliance, training school,fleet management, service and maintenance, safety and security, and customer support.
- The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- You will have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
- Build and lead a cross-functional team. You will be defining hiring needs and leading the hiring process for new team members across operations, finance, legal and compliance, and customer support. At the same time, you will be managing analysts and a larger team of mechanics and fleet operators.
- Create & Optimize World-class Framework and Process. We not only need to create and constantly optimize our own processes for this operation, but for the many structures and systems that are to follow in the near future.
- Scale the business: You will be constantly seeking solutions that scale, while overseeing the growth of our business. Your processes and projects will directly contribute to the company's growth.
- Analyze Data. You will ensure you are creating, collecting, and incorporating as much data about operations as possible to constantly monitor performance and find opportunities to improve. You, with help from colleagues, will build the analytical frameworks and operational models to enable constant improvement.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution. We need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Collaborate. Operations will need to keep it all together and collaborate with data scientists, communications and marketing, supply chain professionals, HR, and other teams.
- Problem Solve. All day everyday. All kinds of obstacles, barriers, problems, and snags happen on a daily basis and you must be ready to solve them as fast as they happen. You see upcoming systemic problems from far away, and nip them in the bud.
- Create a fun, inclusive, and safe work culture. You will help create a hard-working, challenging, and fun workplace. Above all else, you will be responsible to ensure the safety of your team, the drivers and our passengers.