KPMG is a global network of independent professional services firm with deep expertise in the provision of audit, tax and advisory services to clients in various industries and sectors of the economy. The Firm is well represented in Nigeria and across the African continent, with the objective of providing exceptional and quality services to multinational, regional and local clients and to enhance the product offerings in certain previously under-serviced markets.
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 15 years
Job Field: Administration / Secretarial Real Estate
Detailed Job Description
- The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will be responsible for providing high level organization-wide leadership. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the COO will provide strategic leadership over the firm’s operational and administrative functions and overall responsibility for executing daily operations for the company liaising with department heads and other external stakeholders as required.
- Guide, direct and lead Business Development and Funds Coordination, and all back-office operations including HR, Accounting, IT, Marketing and Sales, Logistics, Quality Control, and Supply Chain.
- Facilitate the company’s strategic planning process and translate the overall strategy into actionable plans to ensure achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Supervise the preparation of the annual budget, as well as long-term fiscal plans for the Company; direct the development, implementation and adherence to budgets and systems to achieve operating and financial objectives.
- Solicits new business opportunities through existing relationship, fostering new relationships and ensuring a positive reputation within the industry.
- Assist the CEO in fund raising ventures.
- Work closely with the CEO to achieve growth targets and development/expansion plans.
- Set departments' high-level goals, objectives and plans and work with them on attaining such goals by closely monitoring their operations.
- Conduct a strategic review of performance on a regular basis to determine whether the company is meeting its short-and long-term objectives (increase in profits, increase in market share, return on investment, etc.).
- Facilitate the establishment of key process performance metrics, monitor performance, establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed dashboard/reports for the CEO.
- Ensure the Company follows all regulatory requirements and agreements.
- Manage investor relations and ensure the company achieves investor targets relative to growth and profitability.
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders.
- Monitor the adherence of employees to guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Build a highly inclusive culture that ensures all team members thrive & organizational outcomes are met.
- Ensure all staff are professionally managed, mentored and developed as part of performance management practice.