KPMG - Our client is a wholly owned indigenous company with interest in the marine logistics services space in the Nigerian oil and gas industry.
In line with the Company's desire to ensure that key roles are filled by best-in-class talent with the requisite skills and experience, the Company seeks to recruit a Chief Operating Officer.
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Ref #: 2024
Detailed Job Description:
The Opportunity - Chief Operating Officer
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the COO will provide strategic leadership of the firm’s operational functions and overall responsibility for executing daily operations for the company liaising with department heads and other external stakeholders as required.
· Guide, direct and lead the Business Operations from a strategic perspective and able to Coordinate all back-office operations.
· Facilitate the company’s strategic planning process and translate the overall strategy into actionable plans to ensure achievement of business goals and objectives.
· Supervise the preparation of the annual budget, as well as long-term fiscal plans for the Company; direct the development, implementation and adherence to budgets and systems to achieve operating and financial objectives.
· Work closely with the CEO to achieve growth targets and development/expansion plans
· Set departments' high-level goals, objectives and plans and work with them on attaining such goals by closely monitoring their operations.
· Conduct a strategic review of performance on a regular basis to determine whether the company is meeting its short-and long-term objectives (increase in profits, increase in market share, return on investment, etc.)
· Facilitate the establishment of key process performance metrics, monitor performance, establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed dashboard/reports for the CEO
· Ensure the Company follows all regulatory requirements and agreements.
· Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders.
· Monitor the adherence of employees to guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Ensure all staff are professionally managed, mentored and developed as part of performance management practice.