PR24 Nigeria is a leading security and risk management company operating out of West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer
- Security coordinators develop and implement the physical protection of the people and property of a business or residence.
- They are generally behind the scenes and provide continuous monitoring of and feedback to, the security guards that actually provide visible protection. Tasks of a CSO include strategic planning, appropriate personnel placement and training of the staff of security guards.
- You must also be able to effectively communicate your plans to members of management and staff.
- Must know how to use a wide range of technical equipment and must have knowledge of safety procedures. You would often be required to communicate with local authorities, including police officers, firefighters, and emergency services.
- Generally, CSO’s must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Pertinent degrees include criminal justice or police science.
- Equivalent experience may include tenure as a police officer or military service member or years of experience as a CSO.
- Job experience as a security guard is important because of the necessary decision-making skills and knowledge base.
- This is a position of authority so you must have good people skills and previous management experience.
- Exhibit a strong physical and authoritative presence that will help deter criminal activities.
- Recognize potentially dangerous situations and respond in the safest and most effective manner.
- Investigate and remove trespassers and violators.
- Conduct frequent security checks by patrolling the perimeter and grounds; remain vigilant for anything unusual or potentially threatening.
- Develop, Coordinate and oversee the proper protective measures.
- Write, maintain, and present detailed reports, noting any damages, theft, and/or other irregular activity.
- Coordinate the security of the organization's premises.
- Recruiting and training agents, using surveillance systems, developing and implementing security procedures.
- Accomplishing security goals, leadership skills and knowledge of security operations, organizations and planning, attention to details, effective communication, and computer competence.