Babban Gona Agricultural Franchise is a financially sustainable, high impact and highly scalable social enterprise, which is part-owned by the farmers it serves. Babban Gona is an innovative model designed to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job-creation engine. Through this agricultural franchise, Babban Gona offers a suite of services to smallholder farmers, helping them to overcome the challenges of fragmentation and low economies of scale.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Technology Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Role
- Babban Gona seeks to hire an experienced and highly qualified Chief Technology Officer (CTO) with a proven track record of leading and managing technology teams within medium-sized or large dynamic organizations.
As the Chief Technology Officer, you will:
- Lead their core IT teams of Software Development, Product Management, Data Science & Analytics, Business Intelligence and IT Security & Infrastructure.
- Own the strategic plan for Technology development, deployment and management.
- Drive the creation and lead execution of a strategic technology roadmap across all parts of the business.
- Be a key contributor to BG’s planning process responsible for both IT operations and digital /product innovation.
- Be responsible for all technology systems and processes as well as for recruiting and developing high performing teams.
- Develop and continuously iterate the organizations technology development road map by liaising with key operational leaders to identify gaps and propose best in class solutions. Examples would include leveraging AI enabled drone systems to autonomously assess at risk farmer fields.
- Lead all technology operations including but not limited to Engineering, Product Innovation, Data Science, Security & Infrastructure and Business Intelligence.
- Develop and lead a collaborative and agile software development approach that improves velocity, while maintaining a strong focus on both quality and scalability.
- Direct the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of the computing infrastructure that supports the company’s operations and business applications.
Leadership and Team Development:
- Build, develop, evaluate and retain a highly-qualified team of 50 technology professionals.
- Create a culture of innovation, transparency and accountability in the technology team.
- Develop and maintain a plan that provides for succession and continuity in the most critical technology management positions.