One of the top Insurance firms in Nigeria is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Claims Officer
Reports to: Head, Central Claims
- Undertake physical inspection of reported claims; analyze claims data and policy documents to determine the extent of the company’s liability.
- Register notification of claims into claims Register, open file and allocate claim number
- Extract relevant information on the risks covered from the underwriting file and document such in the claims file
- Acknowledge claim notification and request for claims substantiating document from claimant/broker to ensure accurate and complete information on claims.
- Book appointment with claimants/brokers to arrange for physical inspection of claims
- Undertake physical inspection and investigation to ascertain validity of report claims
- Write report on inspection and investigation containing findings and recommendation for minimizing effect of claims settlement on the company
- Interpret policy wording, analyse and adjust claims to determine the extent of company’s liability and make recommendations to the Team Leader
- Raise credit note on claimant where premium outstanding
- Follow-up and collect recoveries and salvage from negligent third party or insurer to reduce claims outlay before cheques for payment are released
- Prepare cheque requisition to pay claimants, co-insurers, solicitors and other professionals
- Verify correctness of values on claims cheque and dispatch to claimant/broker
- Register all approved claims cheques into Settled claims Register
- Send copies of loss adjusters reports to co-insurers and collate opinions on their recommendations.
- Processing of branch claims upon receipt of mails from branch offices to settlement. To follow up on third parties recoveries where necessary and ensure that all branch claims are on P10.
- Preparation of various claims and NAICOM reports
- Any other duty as assigned by Unit Head.
- External: Brokers, Customers, Organizations