ICS Outsourcing is Nigeria’s leading Outsourcing provider incorporated in August 1994. We offer a comprehensive range of outsourcing services ranging from People Outsourcing to Sales BPO. We provide bespoke Business Support Solutions to all kinds and sizes of business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Claims Officer
- Undertake physical inspection of reported claims; analyze claims data and policy documents to determine the extent of the company’s liability.
- Register notification of claims into claims Register, open file and allocate claim number
- Extract relevant information on the risks covered from the underwriting file and document such in the claims file
- Acknowledge claim notification and request for claims substantiating document from claimant/broker to ensure accurate and complete information on claims.
- Book appointment with claimants/brokers to arrange for physical inspection of claims
- Undertake physical inspection and investigation to ascertain validity of report claims
- Write report on inspection and investigation containing findings and recommendation for minimizing effect of claims settlement on the company
- Interpret policy wording, analyse and adjust claims to determine the extent of company’s liability and make recommendations to the Team Leader
- Raise credit note on claimant where premium outstanding
- Follow-up and collect recoveries and salvage from negligent third party or insurer to reduce claims outlay before cheques for payment are released
- Prepare cheque requisition to pay claimants, co-insurers, solicitors and other professionals
- Verify correctness of values on claims cheque and dispatch to claimant/broker
- Register all approved claims cheques into Settled claims Register
- Send copies of loss adjusters reports to co-insurers and collate opinions on their recommendations.
- Any other duty as assigned by Unit Head.