Oasis Africa Consulting Limited - Our client, a diversified solution provider with a broad portfolio in Power Generation, Electrical Infrastructures, Industrial Equipment, Elevators & Escalators, Home appliances and HVAC is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clearing & Logistics Manager
Job type: Full-time
- Responsible for Company’s imports, Raw material, Machinery, Spare Parts, and capital equipment and work within a diversity of regulations and requirements set down by government, financial institutions and private enterprises.
- Responsible for all import function of the company from pre shipment, shipping and clearing from the ports
- Ensure submission of customs documents required to facilitate clearing of imported cargo when the required documents are not available, incumbent is to initiate corrective actions
- Ensure opening of form m / lc application to import, timely order execution & documentation like pre & post shipment documents.
- Manage customs documentation for clearing and forwarding.
- Liaising with the shipping company on all issues with consignment
- Administering import procedures and documentations and effectively liaison with Nigerian customs logistics
- Managing demurrages, port charges within specified norms.
- Managing seamless movement of the consignments to the destination.
- Liaising with port authorities & customs officials, monitoring compliance to regulatory requirements (NAFDAC, SON, Customs, NXP, Banks, Inspection agents etc.) and ensuring proper maintenance of requisite papers & documents.
- Coordinating with port authorities for various requirements connected the vessels handling at the ports.
- Renewal of relevant licenses for all company imported listed items, should be conversant to the procedures
- Regular reporting and updates to key stakeholders across the business on all imported orders/ shipments
- To ensure compliance with all procurement policy, customs, importation and financial regulation regarding importation of goods
- Provide the business with market insights on new government and regulatory policy as it affects importation.
- Any other assignment that may be given from time to time by superior officers
- Drive continuous improvement culture and high level of employee engagement at all levels in department.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the development of people to provide a strong bench for backfills. Education Requirements