Synapse Services - We are a newly established Entrepreneurial company, an offshoot of a reputable Healthcare Facility in Nigeria, which recently obtained its license for the manufacturing, importation and distribution of new and innovative health related products to both commercial and domestic customers in Nigeria. Our products aim to provide better and alternative choices for different services and needs of our end users, with accessibility and ease of use in mind.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Psychologist
Location: Utako/Gwarimpa, Abuja
Core Job Functions
- Counsel individuals and groups regarding problems such as stress, substance abuse, and family situations, in order to modify behaviour and/or to improve personal, social, and vocational adjustment.
- Offering therapy and treatments for difficulties relating to mental health problems such as anxiety, depression, and addiction, social and interpersonal problems.
- Identify psychological, emotional, or behavioural issues, and diagnose disorders, using information obtained from interviews, tests, records, and reference materials.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team alongside doctors, nurses, social workers, education professionals, health visitors, psychiatrists and occupational therapists;
- Develop and implement individual treatment plans, specifying type, frequency, Intensity, and duration of therapy.
- Prepare and type a biopsychosocial assessment, psychological case formulation and develop an individualised treatment plan for every patient in therapy.
- Facilitate diverse Group therapeutic sessions.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counselling or treatments, and the accuracy and completeness of diagnoses, and then modify plans and diagnoses as necessary.
- Interact with clients to assist them in gaining insight, defining goals, and planning action to achieve effective personal, social, educational, and vocational development and adjustment.
- Obtain and study medical, psychological, social, and family histories, by interviewing individuals, couples, or families, and by reviewing records.
- Select, administer, score, and interpret psychological tests in order to obtain information on individuals' intelligence, achievements, interests, and personalities.