Lidya is the future of finance for small businesses in frontier and emerging markets. Our goal is to help great business owners access financing and build a credit score through an easy and inspiring lending process. Lidya currently operates in Nigeria where over 100,000 businesses have signed up for its service and is backed by Omidyar Network, Accion, Newid Capital, Bamboo Capital and Alitheia Capital. The Company has raised close to $10m USD in venture capital and has teams across Lagos (Nigeria), Porto (Portugal) and New York (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Collections Analyst
- Lidya is expanding its activities. To support our development, we are looking for a strategic and experienced Collections Analyst to join our team. Your work will help maximize our loan book and minimize our debt settlements. You will be a driving force in helping Lidya quickly scale to millions of loans with minimal losses and exceptional returns. This is a perfect opportunity to participate in an entrepreneurial adventure that will revolutionize business in Africa, Europe and beyond.
- We are looking for adventurers who want to make a difference in the fastest growing economies in the world.
- The Collections Analyst position is responsible for negotiating payments and settlements on behalf of Lidya to ensure the timely collection of payments from delinquent clients and accurate accounts receivable reporting.
- Ambitious & Metrics Driven: You want to solve the $5 trillion USD small business credit gap across fast-growing economies. You are committed to relentlessly finding the right customer, building trust and converting those relationships into sustainable, win-win partnerships. You understand that you will be judged on your numbers and building a high growth, profitable loan book.
- Has No Complacency and is High Energy. You understand your role is critical to the company. You apply high energy every day to settle debts and decrease NPLs. You want to grow every day, month, quarter, year. You are persistent, clear and driven to get deals done – properly and quickly.
- Resourceful, High Integrity, High Impact. You find a way. You do business with trust and transparency and dig into the details with the aim to help customers repay on-time and consistently.
- Collaborative. You understand you need a team to succeed. You carry along internal stakeholders to ensure they are aligned to support and drive collections.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately maintain client records throughout the debt collection process and work with customers to develop, recommend, and enact payment plans to eliminate client debt in an agreed timeframe aligned with Lidya’s collections policy.
- Manage all past due accounts and determine the appropriate collection action to be taken for each individual client.
- Collect on delinquent accounts by contacting customers via telephone, email, and visiting the place of business.
- Compile daily, weekly, and monthly reports on status of delinquent accounts, collection activity, and accounts receivable status.
- Report progress of collections to Supervisor, make recommendations for next steps and write-offs.
Loan Portfolio Growth:
- Support the evaluation of loans given to customers by ensuring that credit appraisals are completed properly and uphold monitoring of accounts to identify outstanding debts.
- Review terms of contract and service with client and clearly communicate various payment options.
- Work cooperatively with other departments to best determine how to balance both the customer's and Lidya’s needs.