Accion Microfinance Bank Limited - Established in 2006, began operations in May 2007 on license from the Central Bank of Nigeria. Our management team comprises seasoned and distinguished professionals from diverse backgrounds complemented by the expertise of our technical partners, ACCION International. At Accion Microfinance Bank our core values, business philosophy and methodology distinguish us as one of the leading microfinance banks in Nigeria.
Job Title: Commercial Supervisor
Locations: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Anambra, Rivers, Kano, Abia & Akwa Ibom
- Build and maintain portfolio of quality clients rapidly and consistently to reach target portfolio within assigned period
- Liaise with community organizations, business associations, and individual entrepreneurs;
- Implement promotion campaigns and information sessions;
- Identify potential clients;
- Sensitize potential clients on all aspects of the loan program: procedures to apply, the terms and conditions, the incentives for good performance, and penalties for late repayment and default.
- Develop an accurate evaluation of each client?s capacity and willingness to repay the requested loan.
- Correctly complete loan application and evaluation forms;
- Arrange and undertake business site visits;
- Verify and cross-check all information relevant to the loan application and evaluation;
- Evaluate the willingness and capacity to repay of the client;
- Ensure an appropriate guarantee is in place and documented;
- Determine and present loan terms and conditions to credit committee.
- Develop a relationship with each client to support the business success and build client loyalty.
- Monitor client business progress to identify any potential problems;
- Offer suggestions and referrals where appropriate and within company policy
- Demonstrate a concern and build client rapport.
- Implement late repayment recovery procedures of Accion MfB;
- Achieve and maintain targets on portfolio at risk and loan loss;
- Emphasize the importance of on-time repayment with clients;
- Monitor repayment reports daily and client behavior patterns.
- Become knowledgeable and known in the assigned geographic zone.
- Build rapport with community and business associations and leaders;
- Be known and visible in the community;
- Develop goodwill of community towards Accion MfB.
- In collaboration with the Branch Manager, coach, support, and motivate allocated Account Officers
- Maintain a high standard of discipline among the allocated Account Officers and ensure that they are performing according to expectation.
- Ensure that the work flows of the allocated Account Officers are efficient and well-defined on a weekly and monthly basis.
- To take over Loan portfolio of any Account Officer as directed by management.
- Ensure that supervised Account Officers follow policies and procedures
- Spot-check approved applications for supervised Account Officers.
- In collaboration with the Branch Manager, set performance goals for supervised Account Officers and monitor their performance per procedures.