The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and registered in Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research training, advocacy and capacity building organisation. The organisation aims at mobilising global opinion for democratic development and provides an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratisation and development process in West Africa. CDD envisions a West Africa that is democratically governed, economically integrated - promoting human security and people-centred development.
Since its inception, the Centre has remained focused on capacity building work, policy advocacy, and as a research reference point on democratic governance, human security, people-centred development and human rights. The Centre is advertising for the position of:
Job Title: Communication Intern
Applicants will provide support for the following:
- Development and maintenance of the organisation's website
- Ensure IT communications platform are working effectively (internet, email, website, social media etc.)
- Support program team design &implement ICT related activities
- Develop high-quality layout design of a report
- Develop infographics to ease communication of the organisation's knowledge product
- Develop and implement a communication strategy to heighten the Centre's presence on social media.
- Write press statement to issues of interest to the organisation and widely circulate this amongst journalists.
- Ensure that all publications, reports and products are produced in line with CDD graphic guidelines;
- Implement graphic design guidelines in all CDD communication products as it emanates from the Programmes Department.