In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
The positions are local positions and are open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Note: The positions are contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
All positions are for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
Position: Communication Manager
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Location: Maiduguri or Yola
Supervisor: Report to the Project Director
The Communication Manager will be responsible for raising awareness about project, write and distribute content to promote project’s brand and activities. Liaise with media and also produce press releases. H/she shall give technical support in drafting and editing project reports.
- Provide technical support in drafting, editing project’s reports (including high-level technical reports).
- Manage the project's online presence including the project website and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn etc.
- Support internal and external communications i.e. manage media contacts.
- Monitor and track all relevant media activity and reportage and obtain newspaper cuttings, articles and news features.
- Leverage current publishing and information technologies to capture and disseminate project gains in new and compelling ways.
- Integrate information dissemination, networking, and outreach activities into the knowledge sharing effort.
- Support partners to generate key messages, develop talking points and draft speeches.
- Coordinates development of annual/quarterly reports, success stories, blogs, web articles and ad hoc reports.
- Organizes public events, production of publicity materials, press releases and coordination with media outlets.
- Develop communication materials in print and online formats to support project objectives.
- Ensure conformity with USAID communication, branding and marking guidelines
- Any other task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.