CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
Job Title: Communication Reporting and Advocacy Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 1 year
Job Field: Media / Advertising / Branding
Position Type: Regular
Supervisor: Assistant Project Manager Livelihood.
Location: Gashua, Yobe State.
Slot: 1 Position.
- Take lead in discussion and challenges or changes that ought to be made in the area of communication and advocacy and ensure effective remedial measures are taken.
- The Communication reporting and advocacy officer will lead the production and distribution of periodic success stories as well as producing advocacy briefs and leaflets.
- The Communication Officer will plan for and lead in advocacy campaigns: Advocacy campaigns will focus of integrated Nutrition and Livelihood activities.
- Compilation and submission of excellent monthly and quarterly communication reports to the reporting manager
- Lead the development of communication comprehensive Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) strategy and action plan and take lead in implementing the same during the grant period with support from the SBCC officer.
- Will have an active role in supporting the programs objectives and activities, including the development of advocacy work in line with the program objectives so as to reach the targeted beneficiaries.
- Support the proper utilization of CARE brands by various program.
- Improve project visibility for CARE in the north east.
- Preferably Masters or Bachelor’s degree in social science, communication, journalism or mass communication.
- Demonstrated experience with writing project reports for large programs.
- Demonstrated experience in community advocacy, mobilization and working with large and diverse community groups.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill.
- Good knowledge in communication for development.
- A great sense of humor is highly desired.
- Excellent photographer.
- Good story teller with attention to detail.
- Innovative and flexibility to work in various conditions.
- Detail oriented.