The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Intern
Vacancy No: IFRC03260
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Category of Staff: Internship
Grade: Not applicable
- The communications intern, under the technical supervision of the Africa communications team based in Nairobi, will support the Head of Office and the project and program managers of the IFRC cluster officer to develop quality communication materials and to work with the communications teams of the National Societies and our regional office in Nairobi.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The communications intern will have the following responsibilities:
- To strengthen the network of comms officers in the sub-region to engage them and to look for stories from National Societies with a view to profiling their operational successes and humanitarian needs.
- To gather content (images and stories) from National Societies, and share them on the social media or share them with Africa region for profiling regionally and internationally
- To support the Head of office to handle/channel media queries during emergencies
- To participate in the regional editorial network of the Africa regional office
- To prepare a weekly summary of key humanitarian news in the sub-region
- To support the Nigerian Red Cross communications work as required