The International Committee of the Red Cross is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
Job Title: Communications Officer (Print Production)
Under the supervision of the Communications Coordinator, the Communications Officer (Print Production) is the focal point within a delegation for the print production and orders of publications and promotional items.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manages the print and electronic production of ICRC institutional publications in the relevant language from design to off-press, selecting and supervising the work of freelance graphic designers and printers so as to ensure quality service and respect for deadlines.
- Ensures that all products comply with corporate visual identity.
- Initiates publications and promotional items of local reach, in consultation with the Head of
- Delegation/Communication Coordinator and Regional Print Production Officer.
- Manages the promotion and distribution of new and existing publications produced by the regional communication
- centre and headquarters in liaison with the delegation.
- Compiles the yearly delegation order and production book, ensuring implementation and follow-up.
- Works with the logistics team and client departments within the delegation in managing stocks of communication
- Support other activities carried out by the communication team in Abuja as the need arise, in the fields of audio- visual production, public relations, operational & internal com and environment scanning and research.