Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Care Specialist
Job ID: 13-10547
Locations: Niger & Zamfara
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A512 - Nigeria CaTSS
Reports To: State Team Leader
- The objective of the Community Care Specialist position is to manage the MSH CaTSS PHDP/Care and Support portfolio including HIV prevention, OVC services in a manner that strengthens linkages and synergy between community-based and facility-based services; in partnership with the state government, other implementing partners and the community itself
- Together with CaTSS headquarter and State Staff spearhead the effective and efficient implementation of the HIV prevention, OVC, Care and Support services, provided under the CaTSS project.
- Member of the State Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance.
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated State project plan in collaboration with the State Teams.
- Together with the Clinical Care Specialist, take lead in the establishment of comprehensive HIV and TB services in supported health facilities.
- Conduct targeted advocacy to LGA and community leaders for implementation of OVC, care and support services and HIV prevention programs in target LGAs.
- Be part of the state capacity building and supervisory team ensuring quality HIV prevention program, OVC, care and support services are delivered
- Provide technical assistance to the implementing health facilities and target communities on HIV prevention programming, Care and Support including HTC, adherence support systems, and client retention strategies.
- In collaboration with the SCMS lead, monitor stock levels of Prevention, Care and Support commodities and OI drugs in the State and ensure timely procurement and distribution.
- Network with LGA, grantee CSO and community partners in the LGA to establish a functional referral system for clients between clinical and community-based HIV/AIDS services.
- Ensure timely relevant technical support to all grantee CBOs.
- Participate in activities to scale-up prevention interventions to target communities
- Liaise with the M&E team to ensure functional monitoring, evaluation and reporting of HIV sexual prevention program, care and support/OVC services as required in the project PMP
- Represent MSH CaTSS project at the state and LGA level on matters of HIV Prevention, OVC and care and support.
- Document programmatic achievements and keep the State Team Leader informed on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis