Kishimi Shelter and Care Foundation was established in May 2008 is a non-government, non-profitable organization, located in Gombe State.
Job Title: Community Engagement Officer
Location: Gombe Balanga LGA
Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
Scope of Role
This is a partner staff role. The staff will be engaged and paid by SCI partners, and reports to the
partner’s Project Team Lead in Gombe state.
The Partnership community engagement officer will Coordinate, monitor and supervise the community based promotion and mobilization activities related to “Reaching and Empowering
Adolescents to make Informed Choices for their Health” (REACH) project at the community level.
Key Areas of Accountability
As a member of the REACH Project team, the Partnership community engagement officer will:
- Demonstrate behaviors’ that are consistent with Save the Children’s Mission, Vision and Values and ensure their broader application by staff across the programme.
- Contribute to a conducive and productive work environment in a way that promotes
- accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support in the development of communications materials, participate in their review, and comment on print and electronic media materials including scripts, posters, leaflets, video/audio
- recordings. This also includes working with the state team in development of programme case studies and documentaries.
- Organize Stakeholders participation, sensitization and advocacy
- Ensure strong link with state, local government and community stakeholders
- Work closely with state ASRH coordinator and Gender equality and child welfare officer to design and deliver communications interventions that facilitate behavior change amongst target
- groups across the focal LGAs
- Lead on planning and implementation of feedback mechanisms with leaders, communities and beneficiaries
- Be responsible for the strengthening and coordination of complain and response mechanism (CRM) activities
- Keep records of supervision and actions taken from own activities
- Link with other organizations present in the area
- Plan logistics and materials needs for the activities to be carried out
- Relationship building negotiation and problem solving with authorities, communities and Mobilizers/Volunteers
- Develop good knowledge of state and local government structures, parliamentary and political processes, traditional and religious structure and any other key decision making structures and
- how to influence them.
- Undertake a range of lobbying, communications and other activities to inform and persuade policy makers, religious/traditional leaders, community members, donors and politicians, of the
- value of REACH project in the community.
- Ensure Save the Children visibility and acceptance in the community
- Prepare a monthly plan for field activities
- Identify the problems in the implementation process and propose solutions
- Prepare activities’ reports