In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
The positions are local positions and are open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Note: The positions are contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
All positions are for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
Position: Community Engagement Officers (3 slots)
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Location: Damaturu, Maiduguri and Yola
Supervisor: Report to the Project Director
The Community Engagement Officer will coordinate and lead community engagement and mobilization activities for the Project. Implement activities to increase community awareness and support of beneficiaries in targeted communities.
- Support the State Supervisors and/or PD through developing in-depth knowledge of local customs and culture in respective project states and communities.
- Will be responsible for implementing activities to increase community awareness and support the PD and State Supervisor to enhance community participation and acceptability.
- Coordinate the psychosocial support and community based education programming.
- Engage in community advocacy to raise community awareness.
- Supports the application of training materials to selected beneficiaries.
- Support the establishment and strengthening of community based mechanisms.
- Provide support to parent groups and caregivers by organizing and leading sessions with parents on positive parenting practices.
- Any other duties as assigned by the superior.