AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not-for-profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy in Nigeria but Collectively referred to as AHF-Nigeria. AHF-Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource-constrained settings.
AHF-Nigeria currently operates in 7 states including; Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River, Anambra, Akwa Ibom and supports numerous clinics country wide. The organization now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community HTS Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Anambra, Nasarawa
Job Field: Medical / Healthcare NGO/Non-Profit
Reports to: Prevention Coordinator
Slot: 2 Openings
- To render quality counselling and psychosocial support to clients. Refer clients for appropriate additional psychosocial and clinical support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide HIV Testing Services to all clients willing to conduct HIV test.
- Participates in the coordination of community outreaches and campaigns.
- Support the linkage of clients newly diagnosed with HIV to care, support and treatment and HIV negative clients to appropriate HIV prevention services.
- Keep comprehensive directory of facilities offering ART and other related prevention services.
- Provide support to decentralized HTS points to provide quality services.
- Provide support (where needed) in ensuring a coordinated inventory management and ensure supply of RTKs and consumables to HTS sites.
- Ensure HTS data collection and reporting tools are available and are regularly updated to ensure completeness at all times
- Counsel and refer patients and family on disease prevention and staying healthy.
- Support adherence counselling for patients on HIV treatment and document the session out comes in the counselling form.
- Provide ongoing psychosocial counselling and other form of support to PLHIV.
- Provide support for activities of PLHIV support groups in the community and contribute to tracking lost to follow up cases.
- Support the conduct of treatment literacy sessions for patients prior to ART initiation and provide them with the clinical and laboratory goals of ARV’s.
- Identify clients who are defaulting and furnish team with relevant information for intervention.
- Performs other duties as assigned.