Society for Family Health is one of Nigeria’s largest non-governmental organisations.
Society for Family Health is recruiting for
Job Title: Community Mobilisation Advisor
- Reporting to the Programme Team Leader, this position will be responsible for mobilising civil society, coordinating, monitoring and supervising the project community activities in the states in addition to working closely with CSO partners and other stakeholders in the implementation of a TB programme.
- He/she will work closely with the State team to document best practices and lessons learnt and to document and disseminate programme outcomes.
The successful candidates will perform the following functions:
- Provides technical and strategic guidance in community mobilsation; supporting the programme’s field-based teams to meet their objectives and expected technical quality standards and facilitates the implementation of evidence-based strategies.
- Lead design of an advocacy, communication and social mobilisation strategy and ensures local needs, priorities and initiatives are integrated into the programme plans.
- Ensure the integration of community mobilisation activities into communication and advocacy campaigns and initiatives.
- Coordinate and supervise the work of community mobilisation team in all the project field locations, including the preparation of the terms of reference, facilitation of recruitment and monitoring of work/results.
- Ensure collaboration with the National and State TB Coordination Authorities and other sectors of active engagement with civil society, PCN, SMoH, NAPPMED, NGOs, State TB Programmes improving the effective leadership of communities, including TB patients and KPs, within strategic planning, policy development, social dialogue, service delivery, data collection and monitoring of rights and policies, programmes and funding flows.
- Analyse collected information from the target locations and prepare summaries, briefing notes, implementation plans and roadmaps.