Action Against Hunger | ACF International, a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger, works to save the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger.
Job Title: Community Mobilization Officer
Locations: Damaturu / Maiduguri
Job type: Full-time
Slot: 4 Openings
Start date: Subject to Donor Funding Approval
Direct Line Manager: Health Sector Manager - Damaturu (support from PM)
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 -
- Provide support to the Project Manager to implement mobilization activities throughout the project implementation stages:
- Develop a community mobilization and sensitization strategy document for effective program delivery.
- Responsible for the implementation of mobilization activities at the LGA level in line with the work plan to adhere to the deadlines.
- To coordinate with LGA officials to share plan and implementation of the Health and WASH activities.
- Provide training and orientation to the target communities regarding the HeRoN project ( Health and WASH) and other mobilization activities part of the project.
- Provide guidelines and training to assistants for effective community mobilization at the LGA level.
- Contribute to detailed planning and implementation of mobilization on Nutrition, Health & WASH in collaboration and assistance of the Sector Managers.
- Help to identify methods of community mobilization that enhance partnership & coordination with government official and local communities, internal integration within sectors and programs (Health, Nutrition, WASH, etc.)
- Identify areas of cross-program linkages within AAH programs in assigned LGA to ensure program quality and adherence to program objectives, including respect of AAH technical guidelines, systems, and established deadlines.
- Support the reinforcement and coordination of regular project monitoring activities, i.e. baseline, PDM, end line, etc.
- Provide support to line manager in budget forecasting, detailed work planning, monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Assist the Sector Managers and PM in preparing internal and external reports for AAH and the community, including case studies and success stories.
Objective 2 -
- Manage community mobilization Assistants within the project to ensure compliance, technical quality, and coherence in all AAH mobilization, training, and IEC material Building:
- Develop the project exit strategy procedure and properly communicate the content to all the stakeholders.
- Establish a good community relationship that will facilitate project acceptability and community participation in relevant activities as required by the project design.
- Follow up with the local traditional leaders and community volunteers to ensure compliance with the set action plans and rules for the community work.
- Ensure constant engagement with community volunteers and give them necessary support in the field and report this to the office.
- Follow up the community volunteers and be sure that they are conducting the agreed activities.
- In close coordination with community mobilization field assistant and Nutrition/Health and WASH team in the review and lead technical assessments, training manuals and design IEC material for AAH program.
- Provide regular support to the project manager to implement the filed activities at the community level.
- Provide regular input for the tools based on findings at field level to ensure that technical standards, guidelines, and methodologies are communicated and understood.
Objective 3 -
- Ensure tracking and reporting of activities under community mobilization of all components of the project (Health and WASH):
- Share reports and finding on a weekly basis to provide help in the compilation of quality reports with an overview of activities and contextual updates, and quantitative indicator follow-up and submit to supervisor for consolidation.
- Share day to day challenges and will suggest mitigation to the project team.
- Assist the Project Manager in reviewing community mobilization activities, budget and then follow up with Logistics and field assistants to ensure adherence to work plan.
- Support Project Manager through the Sector Manager to ensure timely submission of PRs, car/ staff movement plans on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that all project-related data and information shared are correct, updated, organized, properly documented and accessible to the supervisor.
- Facilitate and support systematic monitoring and evaluation of the Project activities.
- Contribute to developing monthly updates on activities for the project team as well as contribute to the development of donor reports.
Objective 4 -
- Participate in regular internal and external coordination for the project at LGA level and at the state level when required:
- Coordinate with AAH support departments and AAH sector departments with the help of PM to ensure a common approach and sharing of information.
- Represent AAH with local authorities, partners and other program stakeholders at LGA level with the consent of CM supervisor.
- Undertake additional coordination as requested by the PM.
- Area mapping through PRA tool.
- List of villages preparation with population/village (triangulation of secondary data on demography)
- Preparation of list of intervention locations within the project axis
Internal & External Relationship
- PM: Direct line management & reporting, technical oversight, coaching
- LGA field assistants, direct supervisee
- Other Program Managers: exchange of information on programs and monitoring and evaluation (integrated approach)
- Base log, Admin and Finance: exchange of information, reporting, collaboration, coordination
- Participate in all Working Group meetings (with the consent of line manager):
- Local and state government: Engage with stakeholders in coordination with base admin &log and state supervisors/PMs/DPMs
- HeRoN consortium partners