Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is the world's leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Volunteer: Enumerator
Type of role: Advocacy Policy and Research
Start Date: 9th January, 2020
- As a VSO volunteer you’ll live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities
- By sharing your unique skills and experience you’ll help generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities you work in lift themselves out of poverty
- We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come
- Join us as a VSO volunteer and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
- To conduct field research work as Enumerator for our Inclusive Education Program.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
- VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
- As a VSO volunteer you will work on an ad hoc basis, performing activities for VSO / your community during your free time
- Expenses you incur while volunteering for VSO are reimbursed (be more specific if applicable).
- If you are not able to work from your own home, VSO will provide basic accommodation (including utilities).