BitPesa is a pan-African platform redefining how businesses make payments to and from sub-Saharan Africa. Focused on using cutting-edge blockchain technology to increase efficiency across markets, BitPesa opens corridors for business payments and trade between Africa and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Analyst - Transaction Monitoring and Reporting
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Function: Legal & Compliance
- The Compliance Analyst plays a crucial role by ensuring the business operates in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements and all group standards relating to anti-money laundering, counter financing of terrorism (AML), and fraud prevention.
- Additionally, the analyst is responsible for the investigation and identification of questionable activity and to report on such activity as warranted. The Compliance Analyst is expected to stay current with industry trends, fraud type trends, and to understand the operational impact to fraud losses and money laundering. This includes an in-depth knowledge of all regulatory changes and requirements related to the business.
- Review and analyze transactional data for potential suspicious activity, including those generated from an alert detection processes, subpoenas and warrants, country/corridor reviews, foreign and domestic agent matters, consumer network cases, negative media reports, as well as other sources as applicable.
- Work effectively with multiple complex data sources and/or technical analytical tools/resources to identify potentially unusual or suspicious activity as defined by AML/BSA regulations, and industry best practices for AML/BSA analysis. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Identifies, researches, and reports suspicious activity.
- Manages the investigative process from initial detection to disposition and filing.
- Thoroughly and timely reviews reports and other investigative leads that potentially identify suspicious activity.
- Formulates and recommends responses to potentially suspicious findings, reports such activity to the appropriate regulatory authorities, and supports MoneyGram’s forward-looking risk-mitigation response.
- Completes all investigation outputs, which may include regulatory filing and other mitigation actions within required service level agreement (SLA) timelines.
- Actively support managers, supervisors, and senior analysts with moderately complex AML/Fraud investigations, while coordinating with team members and other departments to determine the proper course of action in handling potentially suspicious activity as required by applicable global regulatory, law enforcement or, Financial Intelligence Units.
- Write and file Suspicious Activity Reports and apply appropriate risk mitigation measures, while ensuring appropriate documentation of all research and analysis is conducted in accordance with applicable recordkeeping guidelines.
- Liaise with various internal departments as necessary.
- Work and contribute in a team-oriented and collaborative environment to improve the analytical and reporting processes.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.