We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized leader to oversee the sourcing and supply of construction materials, tools, equipment and related services to our client companies.
In this position, you will be responsible for ensuring that the materials required for construction projects are provided to schedule and according to projected budgets.
You will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for our organization.
You will follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of inventory and incoming purchases and supplies, and be responsible for ensuring seamless supply to our clients and their project sites.
Responsibilities for this Job role include, but are not limited to;
· Ensure that the company makes wise purchases of construction materials, tools and equipment to resell or use
· Estimating and establishing cost parameters and budgets for purchases of goods and services - X
· Pre-screen and pre-qualify all suppliers using accurate and relevant information (supplier’s certifications, delivery times, potential development and products)
· Produce procurement plans for purchase of equipment, services and supplies
· Ensure highest quality of products or services after reviewing and analyzing all available options
· Ensure best value of money of products or services after reviewing and analyzing all available options
· Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing - Preparing and maintaining cost reports in order to maximize efficiency within the business
· Manage the inventories of products and services in the organization or for those of client companies
· Negotiate the best deal with suppliers for the company at all times
· Create and maintain good relationships with vendors and suppliers
· Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
· Measure, record and track consumption patterns at client sites for products being supplied
· Produce consumption reports and projections at client sites for products being supplied
· Making professional decisions on behalf of the company at all times
· Identifying potential suppliers and new products
· Agreeing delivery times
· Dealing effectively with challenges with suppliers and the flow of materials
· Liaising closely with the estimator at the tendering stage to ensure that an accurate project cost is provided
· Ensuring the flow of materials to maximize efficiency.