Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children's rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners.
Job Title: Consultancy to Conduct a Case Study on Women Professionals in Urban WASH in Imo, Delta, Niger and Taraba States
- To better understand the challenges and prospects for women to take on leadership and management roles in the Urban WASH Governance.
- To identify ways for them to make the most of opportunities within WASH sector.
- To learn and document successes of women in WASH leadership for adaptive management.
SCOPE OF WORK AND DELIVERABLES
- This assignment requires the services of an expert in research, development and gender, with significant knowledge and experience in conducting case studies in service delivery institutions. The expert will work with the E-WASH teams and will interface with SWBs and related institutions.
- Indicative Tasks and Activities
- Estimated Level of Effort (LOE) Days
- Inception report, including schedule of activities and deliverables
- Briefing with E-WASH Advisers and Gender Specialist to discuss the scope of work.
- Submit a case study protocol
- Conduct a desk review on institutional practices within the WASH sector.
- Development of an inception report, including a schedule for the assessment.
- Assessment methodology/techniques development and field work
- Determine methodologies and techniques and or adopt tools for the case study.
- Field test tools.
- Field visit to E-WASH states, brief E-WASH State and Utility teams on the approach and expectations.
- Conduct the case study among Women in Urban WASH Governance and related institutions in each E-WASH state, underscoring their contributions, potentials, opportunities and pathway to growth in the sector.
- Prepare a 2-minute video documentary on each of the case study participant.
- Documentation of findings and validation
- Analyse information and develop a synopsis report
- Develop an action and implementation plan for each of the candidates to assist their career development.
- Develop an institutional action plan to address structural barriers to women’s employment, retention and advancement
- Provide a two-page profile of each of the case study candidate and validate.
- Brief State teams.
- Develop a detail case study report with recommendations and provide guidelines/action plan.
- Submission of report for review
- Submit final report
Total no. of days